Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Once bitten, forever shy.

I went to get my hair curled today. I ended up looking a lot uglier than when I first stepped foot in the hair salon (Snip Avenue, you motha****er).

See, here's the thing.

I knew what I wanted, I wanted to do perming. I even brought pictures to tell the auntie how I want my curls to look like. What I didn't know was the PROPER procedures involved in getting my hair permed. So there I was sitting, foolishly agreeing with whatever the auntie has to say/do, because I have zero idea of what to expect out of a perming session.

So I told her I wanted big curls. I showed her my picture. In response, she showed me hers. She told me that in order to achieve the curls in my picture, the curls have to look like the one in her picture first. I was a bit sceptical of this information at first (the picture she showed me didn't deviate SO much from what I wanted lah, but the difference was noticeable), but I agreed anyway cause I AM THE BIGGEST NOOBHEAD EVER. Somebody please copy that for me.

These were her procedures:

1) Trimmed my hair
2) Applied curling cream then set my hair with small curlers (when I did mention -about two hundred times- that I wanted big curls)
3) Washed my hair
4) Applied curling cream and set my hair with the same small curlers again
5) Washed my hair

AND THE FINAL PROCEDURE,

6) Blow dry my hair. She f***ing just BLOW DRY MY HAIR. Like I said, I didn't know what to expect and so I thought that was it, until I realise she didn't use ANY HEAT on my hair, except for the one coming from the hairdryer. When I met my mum after, she told me that my hair had to be heated, just like all other chemical-based hair treatment (eg, rebonding).

I was in there for only one hour. ONE HOUR. Can't you believe it? Perming for one hour?

On top of losing 80 bucks, I lost my precious mane. I think I look like a poodle. I want to cry ):

I'm giving myself 1 week. If miracle still hasn't happen by then, I will destroy these curls! Wash my hair incessantly, straighten my hair over and over again with my straightening tongs and run a comb through the curls everyday. I'll do whatever it takes, even if it means letting my 80 bucks go down the drain.


And this is my pathetic attempt at salvaging the hair. I should just give up, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment