Friday, November 23, 2012

The Dare Me Dress.

I had to re-type this entire blog entry out cause I accidentally deleted the one I saved. How tragic.




The bones protruding out of my shoulders are pretty scary huh.





(High neck bodycon dress, Nastygal. CMYK spike lita, Jeffrey Campbell)

Please excuse my overexposed, bare and more-sick-than-usual-looking face (okay my non-existent brows are bothering me). This is precisely the reason why I hate taking photos with flash and having night shoots. Somehow, my flaws get magnified when I shoot in this mode. But the weather's been unpredictable lately- rainy on most days and sunny when you least expect. So I'm only able to get my shots at night (when the rain has stopped. The past few weeks saw heavy rain in the afternoon- the time I always get my outfit photographed) and the photos don't always look as good as when they're shot outdoors under the sun.

Okay back to this dress. This understated beauty. It was love at first sight for me. The first time I saw it was on Sophia Amoruso's (Nastygal's founder) Instagram, worn by Sophia Amoruso herself. I was drawn to the high neckline and cut-in detail at the armholes. She wore it so beautifully, I convinced myself I should style it the same way she did (with as little accessories as possible, black platforms/boots but loosing the cardigan cause I don't have one). I think it complements my hair well, cause my short hair highlights the high neckline. And how coincidental is it that Sophia also has short hair? I got her look spot on!


Also, guess whose look got featured on Nastygal's official Pinterest? So stoked to see my picture there! <3  Don't know how they got to my blog, but it's so cool that Nastygal read it!!! You can view it here: http://pinterest.com/nastygal/nasty-gals-in-the-wild/ Can you spot me?

No comments:

Post a Comment